Enjoy your winter sports holiday with our hints and tips:
- Think about the types of activities you’ll be doing both on board and on port excursions – make sure your policy covers you for these
- Make sure that everyone in your travelling party is covered under one policy, this means that if something happens with one of you, making a claim for everyone will be easier
- Check how long your policy covers you for, especially those lucky enough to be going on a longer journey
With so many cruises available these days it’s hard to decide which to go on. Here’s our favourites:
- The Norwegian Fjords; hugely popular at the moment, these cruises give you some fantastic scenery including remote fishing villages, snow capped mountains and ancient glaciers.
- Italy; stopping at some of Italy’s most beautiful locations including romantic Venice where travellers enjoy the luxury of numerous Italian destinations. Some even cruise up to Monaco in time for the F1.
- The Atlantic; cruise on one of the world’s most fantastic ships -the QE2. With many days at sea travelling from the UK to New York this is ideal for total relaxation.
- The Mediterranean; with so many cruises around this part of the world you’ll be spoiled for choice on which destinations to stop in. But for cruisers who want lots of sun and plenty of excursions this is ideal.
- The Caribbean; ideal for those of us who want to escape the winter blues in the UK.
Whether you’re new to the world of cruises or an avid sailor here are our top cruise trends:
- Late disembarkation options (available on some ships) enable you to enjoy a few more hours of your holiday on the ship
- Green travel is becoming really popular, which is why so many cruise lines are implementing ‘giving back’ programs and organising on board charity events
- Vintage is in vogue at the moment and vintage inspired cruising is really popular, with ships having traditional décor on the rise