Kestrel Travel Insurance is an official partner of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s ‘Know Before You Go’ campaign, which aims to help British travellers to stay safe while they are abroad.
The campaign urges travellers to:
- Buy good Travel Insurance, so that if you have a medical emergency while on holiday then you’re properly protected.
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s website for the latest information on your holiday destination.
- Give someone at home a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance documents and emergency contact details.
- Check your passport to ensure it remains valid for the period of your trip.
- Ensure that you obtain the right visas for the countries you intend visiting.
- Consult your GP and research the vaccinations you need for your destinations.
- Take enough money with you and ensure that you have access to emergency funds.
- Learn about the local laws and customs to avoid causing offence, being deported or being imprisoned.
Get more Travel Advice or learn about Why Travel Insurance is Essential. Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.