Enjoy your winter sports holiday with our hints and tips:
- Make sure your policy covers the type of activities you’ll be doing, such as snowboarding or tobogganing.
- Find out what level of cover your policy gives you for hired equipment
- If you’re travelling with more than one person make sure than everyone is covered under one policy; not all in the party have to be covered for winter sports.
- Get an annual multi-trip policy so that you can go away for numerous smaller ski breaks without having to worry about getting holiday insurance each time you travel
The best locations for winter sports depends on the time of year you’re taking the trip. Here’s our 5 ski destinations:
- Whistler – known as one of the best ski resorts in the world, this Canadian winter sports paradise is great from January through to March.
- California – although known for it’s sandy beaches and soaring summer temperatures California has some great ski resorts from November through to February.
- East Switzerland - it’s glaciers make it ideal for great snow conditions between December and March.
- New Zealand – for those who want to ski during our British summer New Zealand offerS some of the best ski resorts down under during June through to October.
- Chamonix and Meribel – two of the top ski destinations in Europe with great sports from December through to April, they also have fantastic après ski facilities.
Whether you’re passionate about the slopes or just enjoy being part of the ski community here are our top latest trends from the world of winter sports:
- For women the all in one ski-suit is back this season
- Go green; some of the top ski brands are using recycled plastic bottles in their ski and snowboarding wear
- Ski Joering; a bit like water skiing but with a horse instead of a boat (if you’re going to try this make sure your policy covers it)
Kestrel Travel Insurance is an official partner of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's 'Know Before You Go' campaign.